- Saturday, August 21st - Sunday, August 22nd (WAITLIST)
- Saturday, August 28th - Sunday, August 29th (WAITLIST)
Overnight, Saturday 1pm - Sunday 10am
Advance tickets are required.
- Guests: $140 per family (up to 6 people)
- Members: $130 per family (up to 6 people)
Love the idea of camping as a family but don't know where to start?
Join us as you learn basic camping skills, enjoy fun outdoor experiences and spend the night on our grounds in a tent! This program is perfect for first-time campers or anyone looking for a refresher.
We provide all the camping gear you'll need, along with modern restrooms and overnight security.
Safety, Our Top Priority
Effective May 17, 2021 Guests will be strongly encouraged to wear masks if not vaccinated while inside historical buildings, on the grounds and in the Welcome Center. Outdoor guests are encouraged to socially distance, but are not required to wear masks to include while inside historical buildings. Check here for a full list of our safety precautions.
Safe and fun Activities for the family
- Setting up your campsite, with the assistance of Conner Prairie staff (Conner Prairie will provide a tent with two queen air mattresses, families will need to bring their own bedding)
- A guided hike through the North Woods
- Fishing on the Conner Family pond
- How to plan your own family campout
- How to use a propane camping stove
- How to wash dishes while camping
- How to build a campfire
- How to break camp and store gear
- Preparing dinner and breakfast with assistance from staff (Conner Prairie will provide a cook kit and propane stove, families will provide groceries)
- S'mores around the group campfire
Advance timed tickets are required.
Simply select the weekend you would like to attend and you're ready to go. More information will be emailed to you with your tickets. Overnight camping at Conner Prairie is only available during this program; we do not operate as a campground.
If the selected weekend is sold-out, please select a different weekend or contact Guest Services at 317-776-6000 to be added to the waitlist.