After your basket is full, roam around 1836 Prairietown to discover how people prepared for spring in the 19th century, and make a special visit to Animal Encounters to see the new baby animals.
We’ll have some fun with science, too, by shooting Peeps out of a cannon!
EGG-STRAVAGANZA EASTER EGG HUNT
Take part in the Egg-Stravaganza (weather permitting) for children ages 2–12 and collect candy-filled Easter eggs.
Egg hunts are divided by age group, so everyone has a fair shot at some treats!
- Ages 2-3: 2 p.m. at the Festival Grounds
- Ages 4-5: 2:15 p.m. at the Festival Grounds
- Ages 6-8: 2:45 p.m. at Mayfield and Nichols Dry Goods Store Lawn in Civil War Journey
- Ages 9-12: 3 p.m. on the Covered Bridge Lawn in Civil War Journey
Spring is a busy time, and the Prairietown citizens could use your help with springtime preparations.
SCIENCE FUN WITH PEEPS MARSHMALLOWS
- Sort seeds at the Gregorys
- Dye Easter eggs at the Zimmermans
- Decorate bonnets at the Campbells
Peeps – they’re cute, colorful and tasty, but did you know they can survive just about anything? Join us as we put our lab Peeps through a series of experiments. For the finale, we will see how the Peep responds to a high impact crash by shooting them out of a cannon.