Connect with new friends, and build a foundation for your future.
Learning is the primary focus of Conner Prairie’s youth volunteer program. We aim to give talented young people the opportunity to grow through Conner Prairie's enriching environment. If you're passionate about Conner Prairie, love speaking to people and enjoy the rewards of old-fashioned sweat and effort, this program may be for you!
Youth volunteer opportunities are open for students between the ages of 10-18 (including all current high school students) and include:
- Playing historical games and leading hands-on activities in modern-day uniform or costume
- Portraying a fictional character from the year 1816, 1836, or 1863
- Working behind the scenes
- Assisting in special events
- Helping care for our heritage animal breeds
- 115 youth in program
- Average age of youth: 13.9
- Youngest Youth: 10
- Oldest Youth: 18
- Minimum Hours donated per year: 120
- Most Hours ever donated by a youth in a single year: 1066
- About ⅓ of the youth are homeschooled
- Over ¼ of the youth participate on our Youth Spinning Team
- Shortest commute to Conner Prairie: ¼ mile (across the street)
- Longest commute to Conner Prairie: 7,106 miles (Bahrain)
- Favorite program as voted on by the youth: Headless Horseman
Our 2019 youth volunteer program is full.
Check back in October for applications for the 2020 season.