Conner Prairie Welcomes FFA Groups
Just 20 minutes north of downtown Indianapolis
Join us for a couple of hours or a full day of exploration and fun. Over 2,000 FFA members visit Conner Prairie each year for a day filled with interactive, experiential learning. Spend time in the Animal Encounters Barn learning about our heritage breeds and agriculture programs. Take a one mile nature walk through the woods to the overlook and maybe even spot the Bald Eagles who reside here. Stroll back 200 years to experience farming in the early days of Hamilton County or join the Civil War excitement as the town of Dupont, Indiana prepares to defend itself against General John Hunt Morgan and his Raiders. You may also add on an 1859 Balloon Voyage and soar 350 feet up in the air, or take a turn in our Headless Horseman Corn Maze.
Conner Prairie provides FFA members with an up-close look at a wide variety of agricultural careers and the professionals who work them. Patterned after FFA’s eight agricultural career pathways: agribusiness systems; animal systems; biotechnology systems; environmental service systems; food products and processing systems; natural resource systems; plant systems; and power, structural and technical systems, Conner Prairie helps students explore, select and prepare for a career in agriculture matched to their respective interests and talents.
Admission Details & Lodging
- Two complimentary chaperone admissions for groups of 15 or more
- Free parking
- Lodging nearby
- Admission may be paid for at time of the reservation or upon arrival on the day of your visit
- Reservations strongly suggested
- Includes access to all experience areas with the exception of the 1859 Balloon Voyage ride and the Headless Horseman Corn Maze. However, the 1859 Balloon Voyage and Corn Maze may be included as an Add-On Experience.
- Enjoy lunch on your own at our Café on the Common
- Pre-order a group meal or box lunch (recommended for larger groups)
- Bring a sack lunch and picnic at the Designated Picnic Area near the Welcome Center entrance
1859 Balloon Voyage - New exhibit coming summer 2021!
Reserve an 1859 Balloon Voyage, and your chance to take flight. The exhibit surrounding the balloon is an immersive experience with interactive activities, fun photo backdrops and realistic town square stores. (weather dependent)
September and October, our fall corn maze is open and you can choose between a long or short maze.
Price: $3 (reservations required)
Conner Prairie strives to provide a fun and educational experience for guests of all abilities. Most, but not all, of the historic buildings are accessible by wheelchair. The Accessibility Map is available during your visit. Wheelchairs are available at the Ticket Desk at no charge on a first-come, first-served basis, and limited tram transportation is available. Please notify us before you come if your group has anyone with special needs.