What is Merry Prairie Holiday?
A Merry Prairie Holiday, presented by Hagerman Construction, is Conner Prairie’s festival of lights and delights full of holiday cheer! You can expect a magical evening of sights and activities across our grounds. As an attendee, you can:
- Step into the wonder of the season as you stroll through Reynolds Christmas Lights display of illuminated figures.
- Zoom down the Polar Bear Plunge, our 150' snowless tubing hill.
- Enjoy local musicians performing holiday classics throughout the evening on Blitzen’s Bandstand while you enjoy some fresh, warm holiday treats and eats from the Conner Prairie Café and local food trucks.
- Visit Santa's Workshop.
- Take a selfie with Santa himself in his festive workshop as he and his elves get ready for the big night!
- Visit Prairietown where you will be wrapped in the warmth of Historic Holidays:
- Meet the citizens of Prairietown who share their holiday traditions and memories.
- Join the Rowdies in song and revelry.
- Enjoy a hilarious take on holidays from around the world 19th century-style as our costumed interpreters take the stage in this old-fashioned crankie show.
- Take a walk through thousands of twinkling lights on our Winter Wonderland Stroll and then climb aboard Kringle's Carousel and twirl around this nostalgic, outdoor ride.
What COVID-19 Precautions/Restrictions should I expect?
Conner Prairie is committed to creating a safe experience for all guests attending A Merry Prairie Holiday. To that end, the following precautions and/or restrictions have been put in place:
- All guests 5 years of age and older must wear masks at all times while attending A Merry Prairie Holiday.
- Guests will be encouraged to social distance and maintain a distance of 6ft or more from other guests.
- Guests are asked to stay home if they feel sick, if they are feverish or showing any symptoms of COVID-19 or if they have been exposed to a person infected with COVID-19.
- Guests are asked to stay home if they are a member of a vulnerable population.
- Nightly capacity to the event has been reduced to ensure adequate social distancing.
- Most buildings and indoor areas will be closed. Those that are open will have increased ventilation.
- Guests will be asked to maintain a distance of 6ft or more from any Conner Prairie staff or volunteers.
What are the dates and times of A Merry Prairie Holiday?
November 27 – December 20 and December 22 & 23; Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings from 5:30pm – 9:30pm.
Where is Conner Prairie Located?
The museum is located at 13400 Allisonville Road in Fishers, Indiana, 46038.
What are the ticket prices for A Merry Prairie Holiday?
Tickets are on sale now through December 23 at connerprairie.org. Reservations required.
- Guest: $20 (ages 2 and older)
- Member: $10 (ages 2 and older)
How can I purchase tickets to A Merry Prairie Holiday?
Tickets can be purchased online at connerprairie.org. All advanced ticket sales are final and refunds will not be issued for unused tickets. If Conner Prairie cancels the event of your choice due to weather, your ticket will be refunded within 4-6 weeks of the event date.
What are the hours?
Admission gates open at 5:30 pm and close at 8:30 pm. Activities continue for attendees inside the gates until 9:30 pm.
Are there additional charges for any of the attractions?
While most of the attractions at A Merry Prairie Holiday are included in your ticket price, there are a few exceptions. Take & Make activities are an additional $5. Food and beverages are not included with your admission.
When can I come to A Merry Prairie Holiday, and what happens if there is a weather cancellation?
You will attend the program on the specific date(s) and times that you selected. Dates and times are listed on all ticket orders. If Conner Prairie cancels the event of your choice due to weather, your ticket will be refunded within 4-6 weeks of the event date. Remember, all ticket sales are final and tickets are non-refundable except for weather cancelations.
How long does it take to experience the entire festival?
Activities continue through 9:30 pm. Attendees usually participate in several activities. Most attendees spend at least 1.5 hours at the festival. The time you spend at A Merry Prairie Holiday may vary depending on crowds, the size of your group, the ages of your children, waiting times and the weather.
Is all of Conner Prairie open during the event?
No. Conner Prairie's daytime experience areas have been modified to fit the program. For everyone's safety, Conner Prairie asks that you refrain from venturing off lighted paths and attempting to explore areas of our grounds that are closed for the night.
What should I wear?
A Merry Prairie Holiday is mostly an outdoor event in Late Nov/Dec so attendees should plan accordingly. There are some indoor areas, several hearths, patio heaters and outdoor fire pits to warm up around. Guests should also be prepared to walk on gravel roads and uneven terrain so proper footwear is recommended.
Does A Merry Prairie Holiday occur if the weather is bad?
A Merry Prairie Holiday will take place rain, snow or shine on all nights. In the case of severe weather, Conner Prairie reserves the right to cancel the event. Conner Prairie will post cancelations on its website and on social media between 3-4 pm on the day of the event.
May I take pictures?
Feel free to bring your camera or smartphone with you. However, photography equipment like tripods, monopods or selfie sticks are not permitted. We suggest that you leave valuables at home, keep your smartphones secure in your pockets and be cautious when getting on and off the attractions. Conner Prairie is not responsible for misplaced or lost items.
Can I ride in the 1859 Balloon Voyage during A Merry Prairie Holiday?
No. The 1859 Balloon Voyage will not be offering flights at this program.
Will the lines be long?
Conner Prairie offers many attractions at A Merry Prairie Holiday. Depending on the crowd size, on any given night, there may be lines that form for Kringle’s Carousel, the Polar Bear Plunge Tube Ride, and Selfies with Santa. There are so many things to experience at this event that you may not be able to see everything in one evening. Conner Prairie does not guarantee that guests will be able to participate in all activities.
What types of food are available?
A variety of items will be available for purchase from the Conner Prairie Café and a rotating roster of food trucks.
How much does parking cost, and where do we park?
Parking is free. Enter Conner Prairie off of the main entrance from Allisonville Road and you will be directed to the nearest parking space. Handicap parking is available with the applicable handicap hangtag or license plate.
Is the Apple Store open?
No. The Apple Store will not be open.
Can our family use our Access Pass for reduced admission into A Merry Prairie Holiday festival?
Sorry, the Access Pass is only applicable for daytime general admission tickets into Conner Prairie.
Are the attractions ADA accessible?
A Merry Prairie Holiday is fully accessible to attendees living with disabilities. However, buildings and walkways are authentic to the 19th century, which may pose certain restrictions. Stone and dirt paths in some areas may be difficult for wheelchair travel especially in December weather. Guests must be able to transfer from their wheelchair into the wagon ride (1 step up), Kringle’s Carousel, and Polar Bear Plunge Snow Tube Run. If you have specific accessibility concerns, call Guest Services at 317-776-6000 for more information. Handicapped parking is available close to the Welcome Center.
Do Conner Prairie members get in free?
No. Members may purchase tickets (at our 50% off Member discounted ticket price) and will need to verify a current Conner Prairie membership and photo ID upon check-in.
I plan on coming with a group. Can we all do the same activities together?
We cannot guarantee that you will be able to complete or participate in all the activities at the same time. When notified, we will do our best to accommodate your group. We also recommend that you call Guest Services at 317-776-6000 for discounted rates for groups of 15 or more and any additional questions prior to the event.
What is included in the admission price? Do I need extra spending money?
The cost of your ticket covers all of the activities except: beverages, food, and Take & Make activities. Conner Prairie does not have an ATM on the property.