Enter the Outdoors
June 8 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Come celebrate the abundant natural wonders of Indiana’s outdoors. Explore Indiana’s natural history and find out ways you can help sustain our environment. Guests will have the opportunity to take part in hands-on activities across the grounds that highlight Indiana’s amazing natural resources.
- Nature Hikes by the river and on the prairie with experienced local naturalists. Nature Hikes will start once an hour at 15 past, the first starting at 10:15 a.m., and the last starting at 4:15 p.m. We will meet at the Treetop Outpost trailhead.
- Animal Meet and Greet with Hedgehog Hannah at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., Falcon Talks with the Audubon Society of Indiana that include a chance to meet a bird at 11 am and 1 pm at the Clowes Common bumpout, and Providence Wildlife Rehabilitation with have animals from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Meet Adoptable Dogs with the Hamilton County Humane Society from 10 – 2 on the lawn next to Featherston Barn.
- Learn the difference between bees, wasps and flies at Civil War Journey, just across the bridge, ongoing all day.
- Ask a Master Gardener with the Purdue Master Gardeners in the Conner House area, ongoing all day
- Fun at The Pond – Catch bugs and identify them, and do catch-and-release fishing in our pond (with the tram service) – 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Visit with Naturalist Groups like Purdue Climate Change Research Center, National Weather Service, Fishers Stormwater Utility, and Audubon Society to learn about what these organizations are doing in our community and participate in hands-on activities.
- Treetop Outpost Huddles (quick learning opportunities for nature lovers of all ages) will be hosted four times throughout the day at the Treetop Amphitheater.