Conner Prairie is honored to offer a Transportation Fund, made possible by the generous support of the Arthur Dean Family Foundation, to Central Indiana schools and organizations.
Fund dollars are available throughout the calendar year on a first-come, first-served basis.
Eligibility & Requirements
- To qualify for the Fund, 50% or more of students, as indicated by the Indiana Department of Education, must be economically disadvantaged.
- This is a reimbursement program; transportation support will not be provided in advance of your visit.
- Invoices for reimbursement should be submitted to Conner Prairie no later than 30 days after your visit.
- As a condition of the reimbursement, a survey must be completed and returned before or at the time of reimbursement request.
- Grant recipients will receive a check made payable to their school and sent by US Mail. Payments will be processed following the field trip and upon submission of a completed evaluation and transportation bill/receipt. This can take up to one month, though every effort will be made to process scholarships in a timely manner.
- Motor coach bus travel fees will not be reimbursed.
- The reimbursement amount is based on the number of students visiting the museum. In 2020, the reimbursement rate per student is $5.00.
Applicants will be notified of their award status via email. Please allow three weeks for the application process. Please also note that completion of the application does not constitute a confirmed reservation. Confirmed reservations will be in the form of a contract and must be signed and returned.