April 24, 2020 | Cook and Bake
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Wewalka refrigerated flatbread dough
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-3 tablespoon olive oil
- half an apple, thickly sliced
- 4 oz blue cheese
- 2 oz prosciutto
- fresh thyme
- parchment paper
- Remove dough from wrapper and unwind. Place dough side down on fresh parchment paper. Roll the edges of the dough. Bake at 400 degrees (204 degrees Celsius) for 12 minutes
- Remove from oven, take off parchment and cool on a wire rack
- Caramelize onions in butter and olive oil until golden; add more olive oil as necessary to coat pan.
- Spread onions on flatbread crust.
- Cut apple slices and arrange evenly on top.
- Drop on pieces of prosciutto and sprinkle on blue cheese crumbles.
- Season with thyme and broil until bubbly