October 22, 2023 | Conner Prairie Alliance
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 TBLS minced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup light brown sugar (lightly packed)
- TSP whole mustard seeds
- 1/4 TSP crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 TSP kosher salt
- 6 tart apples; peeled, cored & 1/2 dice
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Combine the onion, ginger, orange juice, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard seeds, red pepper flakes, and salt in Dutch oven.
- Add apples as you chop them to prevent browning.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer 50 minutes to 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid evaporated.
- Stir in dried cranberries and serve warm , at room temperature or cold.