2020 Adventure Camp Safety Adaptations
The safety and comfort of your child and our staff is our top priority. We are making the following, specific adaptations to our camp experience for our 2020 summer sessions:
- Distancing between groups: each group of 10-14 campers and 2 counselors will be a self-contained group and will have little to no interaction with other groups of campers and staff. Groups will be spread out across Conner Prairie’s property, instead of all meeting in the Prairie House. Campers within a given group will not physically distance from one another, but additional precautions will be taken.
- Enhanced sanitation procedures will be employed, including increased hand washing frequency and the cleaning of shared equipment between each group of campers. Camper wellness screening policies will also be established. Campers and staff may choose to wear masks, except during swimming/boating activities.
- We remain committed to providing a fun, action-packed camp. Many activities will be moved outdoors, and time will only be spent indoors when necessary. Some activities may not be offered if they cannot be done without adequate sanitation between groups of campers.
- Camp will be canceled for days when heavy rain is forecasted and an outdoor program is impractical. Families will automatically receive a prorated refund for any canceled days, and should keep an eye on email and Conner Prairie social media channels for updates. Refunds will post to the original method of payment within 30 days.
- In order to preserve the self-contained group of 10-14 campers and 2 counselors we are unable to offer early arrival or late departure programs. If you’ve registered for these already, you will automatically receive a full refund to the original method of payment. Camp will operate from 8:30AM to 3:30PM daily.