There are limited tickets available. Please call Guest Services at
317-776-6000 for more information.
Our Hearthside Suppers invite guests to take part in an entertaining evening with our costumed interpreters. Hosted in the historic 1823 William Conner House, you’ll arrive just in time for a light appetizer, then lend a hand with the final preparations of the meal.
You might churn butter, grind coffee, prepare the vegetables, or more. Through work, conversation, and play, you’ll learn about 19th-century food and cooking techniques. Then, after receiving instruction in proper etiquette, settle in and enjoy a delicious supper by candlelight, followed by 19th-century parlor games and dessert.
- Hot Spiced Cider
- Popped Corn
- Ossabaw Sausage
- Hard Cheese
- Dried Stone Fruits
- Pomeranian Soup and Sippets (a light bean soup and toasts)
- Pork Roulade with Onion, Apple, and Sage
- Cabbage Catsup
- Chickens in White Sauce
- Parsnip Cakes
- Red Salad (red cabbage, red potatoes, and beets, with a lemon vinaigrette)
- Dilled Green Beans
- Biscuits with Fresh Butter and Jams
- Lemon Tarts
- Coffee and Tea
- Red and white wine, dark and light beer, and hard cider will be available for additional cost.