There are limited tickets available. Please call Guest Services at 317-776-6000 for more information.
Our Hearthside Suppers invite guests to take part in an entertaining evening with our costumed interpreters. Hosted in the historic 1823 William Conner House
, you’ll arrive just in time for a light appetizer, then lend a hand with the final preparations of the meal.
You might churn butter, grind coffee, prepare the vegetables, or more. Through work, conversation, and play, you’ll learn about 19th-century food and cooking techniques. Then, after receiving instruction in proper etiquette, settle in and enjoy a delicious supper by candlelight, followed by 19th-century parlor games and dessert.
- Hot Spiced Cider
- Popped Corn
- Ossabaw Sausage
- Hard Cheese
- Dried Stone Fruits
- Pomeranian Soup and Sippets (a light bean soup and toasts)
- Pork Roulade with Onion, Apple, and Sage
- Cabbage Catsup
- Chickens in White Sauce
- Parsnip Cakes
- Red Salad (red cabbage, red potatoes, and beets, with a lemon vinaigrette)
- Dilled Green Beans
- Biscuits with Fresh Butter and Jams
- Lemon Tarts
- Coffee and Tea
- Red and white wine, dark and light beer, and hard cider will be available for additional cost.