When we were kids, the world was filled with amazing, wonderful things to discover. Curiosity Fair takes that spirit and runs with it!
Through a series of activities, presentations and hands-on demonstrations, the whole family will be encouraged to ask questions, share knowledge and ignite the urge to discover.
Download the schedule.
DON'T MISS THESE SHOWS!
Be amazed by acrobatic dogs, see explosive experiments, watch talented gymnasts perform and much more at this year’s Curiosity Fair.
"America’s Got Talent" trick dog show
11 am, 1 pm, 3 pm
Back by popular demand, the “America’s Got Talent” trick dog show is returning to thrill audiences. See the high-flying action of these acrobatic canines led by a husband-and-wife team that made it to the semi-finals of “America’s Got Talent.” Check out the K9 Crew website
to see more of these amazing pooches.
Chemistry is a Blast!
11:30 am, 1:30 pm, 3:30 pm
Tent of Science
Get ready for Eli Lilly’s hands-on experience where presentations are 50% science class and 50% wow! Get a front row seat to this spectacle that showcases colorful chemical reactions and explosive experiments.
Rhythmic Gymnastics of Indiana Performance
Apple Store Parking Lot
Watch these talented athletes perform a unique blend of ballet, modern dance and basic acrobatic skills.
Noon, 2 pm, 4 pm
Science Big Top
Professor Steve uses various items (sometimes toilet paper!) to demonstrate forces such as air pressure, gravity and inertia. You don’t want to miss this entertaining show.
Soda Science Spectacular
Outside Featherston Barn
Watch how milk can turn a dark cola clear, witness an explosive cola geyser, see how salt and soda can blow up a balloon, and learn a little trick to defuse your soda when it gets shaken.
You Be the Chemist “Science Quiz Show”
Test your science knowledge through a variety of science-based game shows.
Emma Gregory 1836 Science Demos
11:30 am, 1:30 pm and 3:30 pm
Visit Prairietown for a glimpse of what science was like in 1836. Discover what dephlogisticated air is, explore if evaporation can cause water to freeze, and be amazed by an electricity experiment.
WHAT ARE YOU CURIOUS ABOUT?
Check out our webpage
where you can see some quick videos answering intriguing questions, or submit questions of your own.
CHEMISTRY, PHYSICS & MORE
Check out our new Curiosity Lab, discover the world of drones, learn more about the upcoming solar eclipse on August 21 in our Astronomy Zone, and much more.
Chemistry of the Kitchen
Not all science experiments have to be done in a lab. Check out our new Chemistry of the Kitchen area where you can discover experiments you can perform at home.
Catch these Shows at the Curiosity Lab
- Ooblek – This substance gets its name from a Dr. Seuss book, and it’s easy to make.
- Kinetic Sand – Create this sand that you can easily shape, mold and play with.
- CO2 Fire Extinguisher – See how you can make a homemade fire extinguisher from vinegar, baking soda and a few other items.
- Candy Chromatography – Separate molecules to see the different colors that make up a piece of candy.
- Make Slime – Watch how glue and borax make a goopy slime!
- Marshmallow Masher – Put the pressure on some marshmallows to see what they’re made of.
- Eating Iron – Is your cereal magnetic? Find out by watching this experiment.
- Diving Ketchup – Learn how to make a packet of ketchup dive on your command.
- Bouncing and Naked Eggs
Kroger Food Experience
- You Be the Chemist “Science Quiz Show”
- Soda Science Spectacular
Discover the science of dairy and have a treat.
Tent of Science
- Crossroad Farms Dairy
- Pace Dairy
Take in a chemistry show, discover DNA, explore how movies are made and how drones fly.
Science Big Top
- Eli Lilly “Chemistry is a Blast" Show
- Indianapolis Engineering for Kids
- You Be the Chemist
- Starbase Indiana
- Dow AgroSciences
- NightHawk Productions
- 12 Stars Media
Check out an always entertaining science show with Professor Steve. Learn about keeping yourself safe, and check out a new mobile power station made in Indiana.
- Professor Steve
- Noblesville Orthodontics (Saturday only)
- Science Education Foundation of Indiana
- Peyton Manning Children’s Hospital at St. Vincent
- STEM Scouts (Saturday only)
- DD Dannar (mobile power station)
Discover how you can explore the cosmos and learn more about the upcoming solar eclipse on August 21.
- Link Observatory
- Indiana Astronomical Society
Hop on our mechanical surfboard to catch a wave – all without getting wet! If you wipeout, no worries. You’ll land on a bouncy inflatable beach. (Size and age restrictions may apply.)
1836 Science Demos
Join Prairietown resident Emma Gregory at the Gregory home to see some historic experiments. Discover what is dephlogisticated air, explore if evaporation can cause water to freeze, and be shocked (and amazed) with her electricity experiment. Showtimes: 11:30 am, 1:30 pm and 3:30 pm.
Atlatl & Spear Throwing
Watch Atlatl demonstrations and spear throwing throughout the day in Lenape Indian Camp
Are you ready, sports fans? Come hang out with the Colts, Pacers and more to celebrate Indiana’s great tradition of sports. Also, be sure to check out our new rhythmic gymnastics booth.
- Rhythmic Gymnastics of Indiana: 10 am – 5 pm (Saturday & Sunday)
- Colts Play60 Experience: 10 am – 5 pm (Saturday & Sunday)
- Colts Cheerleaders: 3 pm – 5 pm (Saturday only)
- Indianapolis Indians: 10 am – 2 pm (Saturday only)
- Pacers Fan Van: 10 am – 2 pm (Saturday only)
- Indy Fuel: 11 am – 3 pm (Saturday and Sunday)
- Indy Eleven: 11 am – 1 pm (Saturday); 1 pm – 3 pm (Sunday)
- Science of Baseball: Discover the physics of pitching and hitting.
TECHNOLOGY & ART
Try your hand at video games, discover how radios work, and get creative at the maker space.
Video Game Palooza
– This organization taps into children’s passion for playing and making video games to encourage learning in math, science and technology.
Do you love working with your hands? Join us to learn more about art, the maker movement and creative thinking.
- 1st Maker Space
- Maker Youth Foundation
- Nickel Plate Arts
- Noblesville Makers: Jill Broadhacker (Jilly Jack Designs) – letterpress printmaker; Daniel Crapnell (Crapnell Handmade) – leather goods maker; April Adams – jewelry maker; Paul “Pablo” Smith (Anvil Art Shop) – metal and/or woodworker; Eric O’Dell (Wildfire Press) – photo transfer/printmaker
Discover how radios work and perhaps talk with other HAM radio operators from throughout the U.S. or around the globe.
- Central Indiana Amateur Radio Association
Robots and More
- Unleash your creativity by building with our big, blue blocks
- Hug-a-bug Face painting
Meet Sawyer the Collaborative Robot, explore how robots are built and operated, and then take one for a spin!
- IndianaFirst Robotics
- Allied Automation
Get a close up look at all kinds of creatures, make your own seed bomb, and learn a little about storm chasing.
Beekeepers of Indiana
– Visit this group to see what all the buzz is about.
From snakes to ancient fossils and tornadoes to nature preserves, Indiana can be pretty wild!
- Snakehead Ed
- Thermodynamic Solutions – Storm Chasing
- Indiana Geological Survey
- Nature Conservancy
Search for life in a pond. Catch tadpoles, look for fish, and peer through a microscope for the smallest pond life.
Insects are all around us, flying, walking, crawling and swimming. Sometimes they are so fast we can see what they are. Grab a net and see what you can catch. Bring them back and try to discover what they are.
When does a seed go boom? When a beautiful wildflower explodes into brilliant color. Grab some seeds and make your own seed bomb to take home and add a blast of color to your backyard.