Help decorate the town, join in games, dance and sing patriotic songs. Test your brains and brawn by participating in history quizzes and the strongest farmhand competition. Participate in militia drills, sample muster day cakes, hear a reading of the Declaration of Independence and help honor military veterans on this most important of 1836 holidays.
- 10:00 am-4:00 pm – Militia Drills: March, drill and learn about camp life with the White River Guard.
- 11:00 am, 1:00 and 3:00 pm – Songs and Games: The Coleman Company of Players have arrived in Prairietown for the celebration! Join this traveling band of entertainers for songs, fun and games in the grove behind the Schoolhouse and you may get pulled into a performance!
- 11:30 am – Taste the Past: Sample Mrs. Curtis’s Muster Day Cakes (while supplies last).
- 11:30 am and 3:30 pm – Fiddle Playing and Dancing: Spin and reel with Ezra Higbee at the crossroads as he plays his fiddle and calls a dance or two.
- 1:30 pm – Reading of the Declaration: Celebrate the Glorious Fourth in the grove behind the Schoolhouse with the citizens of Prairietown. Enjoy a dramatic reading of the Declaration of Independence, patriotic songs and much more!