Youth Volunteer Program
Connect with new friends, and build a foundation for your future.
Learning is the primary focus of Conner Prairie’s youth volunteer program. We aim to give talented young people the opportunity to grow through Conner Prairie's enriching environment. If you're passionate about Conner Prairie, love speaking to people and enjoy the rewards of old-fashioned sweat and effort, this program may be for you!
Youth volunteer opportunities are open for students between the ages of 10-18 (including all current high school students) and include:
- Playing historical games and leading hands-on activities in modern-day uniform or costume
- Portraying a fictional character from the year 1816, 1836, or 1863
- Working behind the scenes
- Assisting in special events
- Helping care for our heritage animal breeds
- 100 youth in program
- Average age of youth: 13.9
- Youngest Youth: 10
- Oldest Youth: 18
- Minimum Hours donated per year: 120
- Most Hours ever donated by a youth in a single year: 1066
- About ⅓ of the youth are homeschooled
- Over ¼ of the youth participate on our Youth Spinning Team
- Shortest commute to Conner Prairie: ¼ mile (across the street)
- Longest commute to Conner Prairie: 7,106 miles (Bahrain)
- Favorite program as voted on by the youth: Headless Horseman
Find out more about this program as seen in this video created by Youth Volunteer Intern Jasmine O’Hea.
OUR YOUTH VOLUNTEER TEAM
2018 Application and Information Forms
We are now accepting applications for the 2018 Youth Volunteer Program. Feel free to download the documents below, or contact us for more information about the program. Applications must be turned in by January 5, 2018.
2018 Application and Information Forms.
Update – The Prospective Youth Volunteer Info Meeting has been moved to Tuesday, December 5, 7-9pm, in the Conner Prairie Welcome Center.
This is an overview of the Youth Volunteer Program. Attendance is encouraged but not required. The information meeting is designed for both applicants and their parents. We will have an hour-long formal meeting, and another hour to mingle with staff and some of our current youth volunteers. No need to RSVP, but should inclement weather occur, please do call the reception desk to be sure the meeting is still proceeding. The phone number is 317.776.6000 x0.
Youth Experience Manager
email@example.com // (317) 776-6000, ext 259