Pre-Visit Information and Forms
Thank you for choosing Conner Prairie as your educational destination! Your trip to the past is about to begin! This pre-visit information is designed to help you prepare for your journey. We have included a check-in form , an information sheet for chaperones (two-sided)
, a map of Conner Prairie with behavior guidelines (two-sided)
, information on each historic area and suggestions for classroom activities to supplement your visit
. You can also access the orientation video below.
TEACHER VOUCHER: Bring this in and you and a guest get FREE admission.
Prior to your visit please complete each item on this check-list.
- Review the pre-visit orientation packet (download here).
- Print off the check in-form (download here) and have it ready when you arrive.
- Make copies of the chaperone materials (download map) (download information sheet)
- Download the 1859 Balloon Voyage Waiver.
- Send home permission slips and notes to parents.
- Recruit adult chaperones. (One for every 10 students in grades 2 and above. One for every five students in pre-kindergarten through grade 1).
- Divide students into groups and assign an adult leader to each group.
- Fill out chaperone information sheet with student lists, teacher goals and other information.
- Create (or have students create) school name tags for each adult and student to wear that have the school name and teacher name on them.
- Review guidelines and goals with your students.
- Remind students what to wear for their visit. Conner Prairie operates in all kinds of weather.
- Arrange payment so it can be made with one check, credit card or purchase order.
- View the orientation video with your students.
- Click here to watch the School Orientation video and/or the History of William Conner video.