The Apple Store
August 31 (evening)-October 31, 2014
The Apple Store is operated by the volunteer fundraising group called Conner Prairie Alliance. The Apple Store is their primary fundraiser with proceeds supporting the mission and programs of Conner Prairie. For two months a year these volunteers are super busy selling all things apple including the famous caramel-dipped apples. Last fall alone they dipped 14,323 caramel apples! See how the dipping is done in this Staff Video Blog.
The Apple Store offers a variety of tasty treats, including:
- Hand-dipped caramel apples, including the popular Salted Chocolate Caramel Apple
- Cider slushies
- B Happy Peanut Butter, made in Zionsville
- Apple and pumpkin donuts and apple fritters from Jack's Donuts of Fishers. NEW this year - donut holes
- Coffee from Jack's Donuts
- Pasteurized apple cider
- Multiple varieties of apples from local orchards
- Jams and jellies
- Apple pies
- Amish goods
- Gourmet dog treats
- Special gift items
- Handmade fire pit pokers by Conner Prairie blacksmiths
- Special order gourmet caramel apples, upon request
- Locally-made gift items
Chicken Apple Crunch Salad
2 c. cooked chicken breast, cubed
1 c. diced Granny Smith apple
½ c. diced celery
¼ c. raisins
2 T. chopped green onion
1/3 c. low-fat mayonnaise
1 t. reduced fat sour cream
1 t. lemon juice
¼ t. salt
¼ t. fresh ground pepper
⅛ t. ground cinnamon
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise with remaining ingredients, stirring well with whisk. Add mayonnaise mixture to chicken mixture, tossing well to coat.
Serve as an entrée salad or sandwich spread.
Learn more about the Conner Prairie Alliance by visiting their Facebook page.
"Last fall I visited Conner Prairie's Apple Store where I had the best caramel apple with peanuts I've ever tasted in my life! I've been waiting for September 1st...so I could order another."
Satisfied Apple Store Customer